Saturday, May 25, 2013

Quick fix - Broken Strap


Have you ever had a purse or bag strap break? I had this happen to a bag that Michael and the kids got me last year for my birthday. It was a purse that could carry a small laptop or iPad. I loved this purse and all of a sudden the stitching came loose and it started the rip this piece of saving grace fabric. 
Needless to say I was a bit upset considering that it wasn't even a year old. I was just about ready to throw it away when I thought about it. This was a semi-expensive purse and that is crazy to just get rid of it. I could find a strap on another purse or bag that could detach with those clasp and just change out the strap when I was carrying that purse. 
That was a fix, but I didn't have a black purse that had the clasp on the strap. So walking in Walmart the other day I noticed all these pretty scarves that were marked down because it was not winter. These were light, long scarves that were more to put around your neck. Only about a foot and a half wide. I tied it to the metal loop my other strap was on and made a knot and presto a new strap for my purse.

Just adjust the strap to the length you want and it can still double as a scarf






No comments:

Post a Comment